A friend, a family member . . . making bad choices & you can’t support those bad choices so you try to talk to them & they just reject you & get angry—you feel hurt & don’t know what to do . . . sadly, they feel the same way.
I’ve been the person making the bad choices before, so I know from experience that the anger came from the very real pain I felt & I couldn’t understand why others thought I was being dumb or foolish or any of the other words they used to try to shame me into not doing what
I was doing.
I am sure the people around me meant well & were trying to help me avoid some of the ultimate pain of those bad choices which I could not see at the time, so I resented their “interference.”
I don’t think any of the “advice” made a difference in my bad choices . . . I was determined to do what I wanted to do, BUT it did make a difference that God was there waiting for me when the darkness forced me to turn around & He was drawing me back to Him with His Love, actually had never stopped trying to draw me back & that was the part I came to realize and that made the difference in my life.
I may have walked away from God & taken some paths that were not good for me or others, but God never left me nor forsook me & that is the amazing grace that still brings hope to the darkest situation!!!
Foolishness IS a choice . . . but
NOTHING can separate me from the Love of God—
that may look like foolishness,
but it is the wisdom of a God who loves us SO much
He will pursue us to the end and I, for one,
am very glad He did!
- SEEDS . . . planting in the hard times
- Diversity . . . how do I feel about our mixed world?
- It leaves me wondering . . . a heart prayer
- FASTING – the fast GOD wants . . .
- Beat down . . . a Life Perspective
- PIZZA . . . hidden messages . . .
- Seasons of Life and Loss . . .
- POLITICS – RELIGION – HEART
- Biscuits & Gravy . . . GOD’s favorite combo
- Living Water . . . broken cisterns . . .